March 14, 2009

Looking back

Okay, I've made a decision. From now on, I spork while I'm actually awake. -trademark sheepish grin-

But, um, I admit it. That story yesterday... I was actually somewhat interested in the plot. If it hadn't been drowning in purple prose, I would have become a fan... of sorts. I hope it's not just something in my psychology that sympathizes with all things Pokémon. -shrugs-

In any case, the D'rose signing out. -manly pose-

Hmm, I just realized I ended all my paragraphs with an action. -thinks about the implications-

Edit: I just realized, two or three days after posting, what I was trying to say. IF IT'S NOT DROWNING IN PURPLE PROSE IT MIGHT MAKE A GOOD STORY, KAY? TAKE THESE, MY WORDS, TO THINE HEART AND THINK ON THEM ALWAYS. KAY? THANKS. THIS APPLIES TO ALL Y'ALL WRITERS OUT THERE. NO, I DON'T ACTUALLY SAY "ALL Y'ALL."

2 comments:

  1. Purple Prose? I'm sorry, I don't think I could live without it. :P In all seriousness, though, I realize I can be somewhat... wordy... when it comes to writing. This, in no small part, stems back to my earlier writing days when I consistently wrote too little.

    Unfortunately, I have deleted all of my older papers due to the sheer embarrassment factor of them. :( If I had them, I'd surely upload them for you, if only to give you something to compare to.

    I'll think about that last part, though. I sincerely will... and it's a question I'm battling with currently. What is too little Purple Prose, and what is too much? That, once again, is subject to individual interpretation, but to most (I can somewhat confirm this due to the amount of people who've stopped on the first page :P) it may be too large.

    Taking a look at the date this was posted at, I realize now that it's much too late to worry about such things... but I shall still take what you've said into consideration.

    Hmm... what to do. Choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :o That's embarrassing. Having the author reply to your spork.

    ReplyDelete